Last Modified: February 7, 2023
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users — from basic stuff like figuring out your preferred language, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful or the best route to take back home during rush hour.
We collect information in two ways:
Information you give us. For example, when you sign up for a newsletter, we will ask for personal information like your email address and name. This also includes identifiers you may use to log in to or use our services, for examples your user name, Google Login and or Facebook ID.
Info we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services you use and how you use them, like when you interact with our website or our app(s). This information includes:
- Device Information We may collect device-specific information (such as hardware model, operation system version, platform model, and unique device identifiers); information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device; and signal strength relating to WiFi and Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data.
- Log Information When you use our services we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, such as:
- Details about how you used our service, such as which pages you visited.
- IP Address
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser/device type, browser/device language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Location Information We may periodically determine and collect your device’s location information, such as GPS signals on your device. We may also collect location information when you use our location-enabled services (for example, while searching for driving information near your current location on our website or within our iOS and Android app).
We may collect this information even if you are not logged in to the application.
You should be able to adjust the settings on your iOS and Android mobile device to prevent our collection of Location Information by disabling the location services feature on your device.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect KarChing and our users. We also may use this information to offer you tailored content, such as more relevant advertising.
When you contact us, we may keep a record to help solve any issues you are facing, and we may use your email address to inform you of our services, such as upcoming improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your preferred driving distance we can give you personalized trip directions. When showing tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may process your information on servers outside the country where you live.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside KarChing unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With Your Consent We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of KarChing when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For Advertising Purposes We share the information we collect (including personal information) with third-party business partners who commit to comply with applicable laws concerning their usage of the information. Our third-party business partners may use the information either for themselves or on behalf of their own business partners to:
- Operate and improve their services;
- Provide you with advertisements and information for products and services or send you other notifications based on variables such as your location, and assess your level of engagement with them; and
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
- For Legal Reasons We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of KarChing if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of KarChing, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We take precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We restrict access to personal information to KarChing employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict confidentiality obligations.